Bright Ideas

Welcome to Bright Ideas! I look forward to exchanging information with you. Please leave relevant comments.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Wireframe Assignment: Chatham University

Chatham’s web designers did an excellent job in trying to utilize limited space to provided massive information to students and prospects, parents, and faulty/staff all within its homepage. Text, radio buttons, drop-down menus, and images depicting the university’s offerings both academically and social culture to entice viewers. 

I believe all information presented was expertly and strategically placed; however, with such limited space on one page, Chatham’s website seems a bit crammed with data for my particular linking. When I first visited the website prior to applying to the university, I bypassed all the clutter and just used the search button to find information solely pertaining to my interests. Then once I became more accustomed to the site, I began using the homepage, itself, more frequently. I wonder how many other site visitors chose a similar method.

One feature I do enjoy most is the continuous changing of image sand text to give the page a slide-show feel. In addition the expandable/retractable drop-down menus are crucial. It allows for more details upon the reader’s mouse click and retracts unnecessary information in an attempt to avoid needless clutter. Honestly, I cannot really think of another approach the website design team could have taken to accomplish such task, for they tried to cover much while allowing for breaks (space and animation) between messages to eliminate or at least reduce information overload.




No comments:

Post a Comment